Monday 16 January 2012

Octopus finger puppet.






I absolutely love this tiny finger puppet octopus from Jenn's Worth a Knit. I've been thinking of getting into charity crochet and causes that I have to heart are children in hospitals and premature babies (my nephew was an extreme premature). When I was younger I spent some time in the IWK Grace children hospital in Halifax and once or twice everyday I would get a new finger puppet each time nurses took blood samples. When I came back home I had a huge stash of them. For the most part, they were knit. But a quick Google search will reveal that they can also be crocheted and that there are many cute, fun patterns to be found.

I made this little 2" tall octopus using worsted acrylic yarn (Bernat SuperValue ™, color peacock) and a F/3.75mm hook.

I haven't made the eyes yet because I haven't decided if I'll go with plastic ones or cotton thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment